Saturday 20 December 2014

Magical spaces and colours

Today I have had that rare thing, a quiet, reflective day.

For several months I have seemingly been able to exist only in two states: working (I include housework in this category, although alas it's not paid), and feeling guilty about not working. But today, I had a whole day of being in that space between those two states, where I can just be me without reference to work of any sort. Which has been rather lovely.

I have to admit that I haven't actually made anything for ages, since making only happens for me in that magical space between the working and the guilt-at-not-working, and that space hasn't yet opened up for long enough for sustained creativity.

But, I wanted to share with you these pictures taken from when my son and I visited the park in November. (That is actually the last time we have been to the park; the weather since that time has been shocking). The colours were so gorgeous, I had to take photographs: bright golds, misty purples, and emerald greens. Autumn is a sort of in-between, transitional space too, of course; every day the colours change, and every day is one day further away from midsummer and one day nearer to Christmas. All the golden colours have gone now; winter trees abound. More updates later.








No comments:

Post a Comment