Monday 22 December 2014

Inspired by The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

My inspiration currently is C. S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I'm reading this to my son at the moment. One of my favourite parts of the story is the thawing of the frozen forest, when the streams start to flow again and the flowers all begin to appear.

So I tried curling some 0.8mm wire to embellish acrylic flowers, trying to capture the idea of new things growing. The rest of the wire can then make a loop, so that the flowers can be attached to something.

The other beads in the mix at the moment, apart from those green acrylic flowers, are:
  • glazed ceramic rings
  • pinkish-beige coloured rondelles of (howlite or magnesite? not sure…)
  • rose-gold coloured pearls
  • jasper stone chips to use as spacers
All the above from my local bead shop, except the jasper chips which were from The Internet (I forget where).

Here are the elements strung on a bit of spare beading wire - which is what I will have to use if I string them all together, because it's the only wire thin enough to go through the small holes in the pearls. And that means that the wire loop on the acrylic flowers will have to be a wrapped loop, as simple loops can too easily fall off beading wire.



No comments:

Post a Comment