Saturday, 26 May 2012

Fun with negative space

When I made these earrings I thought that the leaf-dangle parts needed re-working. The leaves were too thick to attach easily to jump-rings, so I decided to use wire instead. After a small amount of experimentation I figured out a figure-of-eight method for attaching them. I am pleased with how this turned out - this way of doing it somehow suits the shape of the leaves.

I enjoyed taking pictures of the different shapes the earrings made with their different sections. You cannot imagine how restrained I am being by only posting one of these.

 Yeah, it's possible to have a lot of fun with negative space on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment